Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hello to Social Work Researchers Internationally

Hello, this blog is for social workers who do qualitative research. It is an open blog. I will send the blog address, ID, and password to everyone on the list I put together from a meeting of social workers at the 3rd International Congress of Qualitative Research held in Urbana, IL, early in May 2007. The id for this blog is qualsw@yahoo.com. The password is qualitative.

The purpose of the blog is to share whatever we want to share about qualitative research. I am doing some things that I would like to get feedback on. For instance, I see qualitative methods a huge role for qualitative methods in documenting programs that work. For too long, social work has been unable to show the everyday activities that lead to program success. I believe that participant observation, interviewing, and document analysis can do this. I will write more about this later.

No comments: